Melinda Doolittle

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Day!

I had the best 4th of July EVER! Well...the best 3rd and 4th of July.
I decided that in celebration of my independence, I was gonna try some new things...

On the 3rd, I went to my friend's house/retreat to hang out, shoot some fireworks and (believe it or not) roast my 1st S'more. I was in Heaven!!!! First of all, look at this house! This was our view from the amazing deck and fire pit in back. 


My friend, Lisa Harper, lit the most amazing home fireworks display I have ever seen...seriously! Check out the grand finale. 


Then...I roasted my first marshmallow and made my first S'more! OMG...I have been missing out! It was absolutely amazing! It may have helped that we had the world's largest marshmallows, though. 

This is my friend, Kyle Cooksey, showing me how it's done. 
This is me showing you how it's done. Hehehe...

So that was the 3rd. The 4th was amazing as well. I went to 3 different celebrations just cause I have really awesome friends! :-) 
*The first party was with my family away from home. I got to hang with my little niece on her first 4th of July, and I also got to eat some of the best homemade chocolate ice cream in the entire world. Is now a good time to mention that it had little chunks of dark chocolate in it?!?! Amazing! 
*The second party was with 1/3 of the fabulous morning crew at 92.9FM. Not only did I get to meet an adorable 15 month old girl just adopted from China, but I also got to hear a 10 year old play the living daylights out of the piano. On top of all of that, I met two amazing authors of Young Adult Fiction. Those are my favorite books to read! Don't laugh...I totally count as a young adult! (Now reading Hourglass by Myra McEntire)
*The third party was at the home of some of my favorite people, The Cooksey's. Kyle and Laura are not only amazing people, but amazing hosts. We ate, we laughed, we even sang! I can honestly say, it was the first time I have ever ridden in the back of a truck 8 deep to go see fireworks. It was also the first time I have watched fireworks with a truck full of singers...yes, we sang America the Beautiful in 4 part harmony during the finale. However, my favorite part of the evening came when we all got together around the piano and started singing songs from back in the day. We covered Kirk Franklin, Fred Hammond, Walter Hawkins...you name it! 

I will now leave you with our benediction of the night. 


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys are so fun! Love the fabulous Ms Harper and the oh-so-fun-Cookseys... missing my WOF peeps. Thanks for posting!

July 5, 2011 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger GriotLori said...

One of my FAV praise songs!! \O/ Thanks for posting! Now when will you release your Praise-worthy EP? ;-)

July 5, 2011 at 5:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lot's of energy in this group. Love it!!!!
Fiddlerman

July 6, 2011 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Wow! you should record this!

July 9, 2011 at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

SUPPORT Contact | Site Tools | Terms & Policies | Online Store
MORE Newsletter | RSS | MySpace | YouTube | Links
All Contents © 2008 Melinda Doolittle