Melinda Doolittle

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Everything!

Have you ever hit a point in life where you felt like everything was changing all at the same time? I mean everything: career, relationships, health, personality traits...everything. Well, that's where I am right now! First of all, any one of these things changing is normally a little stressful for me, but all of them? At the same time? I have to admit, I was stressed. Even knowing that all of this was changing for the better, it can be overwhelming. So, I spent some time to myself...just being alone...praying, singing, maybe even crying a little bit (I am a woman, you know!). Then I saw this quote. I've seen it so many times and I know it by heart, but something clicked in me the other day when I saw it in front of me.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.


I realized in that moment...change was awesome! Change is needed. Change is necessary. So now...I've never been as excited for a new year as I am right now. I am charged and ready to take the bull by the horns. So what, everything is changing? I got this! This is how it should be. What an opportunity to have  everything change at the same time! Sure, there's more responsibility and a ton more work to be done, but I know I'm capable. Is it scary sometimes? Heck yes! Do I ever want to go hide somewhere? Sure! Will I? Never! 


I'm writing this blog just in case you might be dealing with the same kind of change. I just wanted to let you know you can do this! It's okay to be scared sometimes, but don't let it paralyze you. Keep moving towards the change you want to see. Make it work for you. I believe in you. 


A couple things that are helping me along the way 


My new favorite Bible verse: Hebrews 13:5b (Amplified version)


For He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will not, I will not, I will not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let you down (relax My hold on you)! Assuredly not!


And a quote that came to me the other day while I was being quiet:


Don't mistake my meekness for weakness. I AM STRONG. Or my tears for wavering. I AM UNMOVABLE. Or my quietness for fear. I AM FEARLESS. 


So...here's what I want you to do. Keep me posted right here on how your new year is going and how you're embracing change! I can't wait to hear your awesome stories! Love you guys so much and I couldn't be more grateful to have you in my life!


Happy New Year! Happy New You! Happy New Everything!


Love,
Melinda

12 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

As someone who has been afraid of change all her life, I really appreciated reading your thoughts. I will look at change differently this year. Happy New Year!

December 31, 2011 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

That was beautiful... I will have your back no matter what... I am behind you all the way... Love the Scriptures too... I love you dearly...

December 31, 2011 at 8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautifully written, and your best post ever!
Thank you for your inspiration and optimism. You will always have my support, whatever changes you make.
Love you, Melinda.
Happy 2012!

December 31, 2011 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

As always, you are an inspiration. Wishing you the very best with these changes and with everything. Happy New Year, Melinda!

<3

January 1, 2012 at 5:47 AM  
Blogger Angela Erickson said...

Inspirational!! =) Thanks!

January 3, 2012 at 9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama, you are one of the strongest women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Anything that comes your way, you handle with such grace and optimism. And thanks to you, I'm learning to do just that- to let go and let God. Within these past 2 months, I've had so many changes. I've had 2 surgeries, one of my best friends passed away, I've had to move, and my little bro has something wrong with his kidneys. All this on top of everything else I've been dealing with. God wouldn't give us things we can't handle. What doesn't kill us really does make us stronger. Whatever changes you are going through, I'm behind you 100%, just like you've always been for me. YOU. GOT. THIS. XOXOXO

January 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Mu Doo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Mu Doo said...

Like I said before that's your best blog ever and I totally agree with Jena, you will always have my support, whatever changes you make.
I will always be by yourside and I love you forever!

January 3, 2012 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger swain1856 said...

I like the quote that came to you while being quiet. It suits you. As nice as you are, you have a core of steel. YOU ARE STRONG.

I don't know what changes the new year will bring for me yet but I can't shake the feeling that something big is on the horizon.

January 3, 2012 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Well, mama, once again you came through right when I needed you. This was beautiful and I am so glad I read it, it hit home big time. I have some very good feelings about 2012.

I've never been one for change either. In fact I'm usually not my same person when I am going through a life change. But your post gave me hope, and strength- so thank you. What am I doing in 2012? Losing 100 pounds. Finishing my book. and Breaking shyness.

I love you mama!

January 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM  
Blogger binta said...

hmmmmm.... i guess i can relate to how scary change can be all at ones....especialy if the change is ..well painful. but all in all lookilg back at 2011 wow have i grown, stronger even. now i look forward at d days coming in 2012, and all i'll say is bring it on! i sure have God...who could ask for anything more.

January 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger steph said...

You put words to my exact feelings. Thank you for the scripture and quotes...I happened upon your blog off of the NEC website-- He is good. Blessings~ Steph

January 16, 2012 at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

SUPPORT Contact | Site Tools | Terms & Policies | Online Store
MORE Newsletter | RSS | MySpace | YouTube | Links
All Contents © 2008 Melinda Doolittle