Melinda Doolittle

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hmmm....

This week on American Idol...

Jasmine and Jorge went home. I knew it was coming, but that doesn't make it any easier to swallow.

I wish we could have seen Jasmine do more things like she did in her audition and Hollywood week. She has such an amazing voice and yes, I cried when she cried last night. Maybe it was because I was there watching the show and realizing that I have never liked results night. (*Details on why I was there in a minute)

Jorge has the most gorgeous Latin voice that I just think didn't translate with the viewers. Sitting in front of him, hearing him sing his song and hearing the smoothness and the gorgeous tone made me melt.

My biggest tears of the night came when the group number happened. No, I don't cry on every Michael Jackson song. :-)
It was just amazing to watch Scott break it down on some choreography last night. He was genuinely happy to be doing it, which made me really happy, which made me cry because I'm a girl and that's what we do.
PS Kudos to Alexis Grace for having his back during commercial breaks and everything. What a sweetheart!

So...a really quick take on Tuesday night...

Lil - I really like her voice. This week was not my favorite, but I really like her voice.
Scott - I love when he's at the piano! Such a joy to listen to and watch!
Danny - His tone is wonderful! I was not, however, quite as excited as the judges. He's a cutie though.
Michael - He surprised me this week. He gave it everything he had. Nice job.
Kris - I like his sound. I heard last night that he also plays the piano, so I would love to see that too!
Allison - Yep! Still my favorite!!! Once she figures out what her voice can do, everybody's in trouble.
Anoop - Not my favorite performance, but I love his attitude. I'm ready to hear him do a ballad.
Megan - I disagree with the judges. I loved her quirkiness and her tone! Now, the "Caw, Caw" at the end...hmmm...
Adam - He belongs on stage. He owned it. I still go back and forth, but I can't deny that he is definitely supposed to be there.
Matt - Ummm....OMG! His voice is just gorgeous!!! What in the world?! Loved him!
Alexis - I liked her more than the judges did. I think she just got excited and I totally get that. :-)

*So...why I was at the show. I was with Gina, Phil and Chikezie doing some press for this tour we're about to go on. It's going to be great! The rehearsals are really going well. I get to sing songs from the record, songs from Idol, some duets and some things with the whole group. I'm really excited to be hanging with my friends and having a good time. We can't wait to see you, so let me know if you're coming out.

Love you guys!!!
Me

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well i didn't like to see Jasmine go but from the beginning they did say something negative about her. You right she have beautiful voice and she did deserve again to have another chance. She young and beautiful also. Concerning Jorge, i was really surprise he was voted off. I do not like Anoop voice. I was so sure he was the one who be sent home. Well i am not the judge. It something i ask myself what the point to vote, if they will have the final word the judge. I am so happy for you Melinda that you have see them singing life. Have alot fun to your tour. You will be in my heart and soul all the place you will be. Sad i can't go to any of them. I am waiting you doing your owed one and probably seeing you in Montreal. I still dreamming girl. I dont give up easily. Good Luck and have alot of Fun. Love you!

Oh my next prediction will be Scott.

March 12, 2009 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Had a feeling Jasmine was going home... and yep Melinda--I cried too....

My favorites tues were Scoot(how can you not love him), Lil Rounds, Matt, and Danny. WOW....

I kinda like the new rule they have have the judges bringing one contestant back---I wish they had had that in Season 6.

Cant wait to see ya'll next Saturday...
Love you Mel,
Spunky

March 12, 2009 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't get why everyone loves Matt. He's good, but I don't think he's THAT good. My fav's were Danny and Adam. Lil has a great voice, but she didn't show it off. Megan could have done so much more with that song. I was sad to see Jasmine go, I think she has a ton of potential. But she's only 16 so can come back to Idol again - which I hope! Jorge has a wonderful voice, but there was just something about him that bothered me. I could never put my finger on it, but if I closed my eyes and just listened, I enjoyed him better. I was a little surprised to see him go this early. Anoop is WAY better than he showed. Now he has a chance to prove that. I really like Scott and maybe it's because you can see and feel the incredible joy he has for what he's doing right now. When he's behind the piano it shows even more. Michael did give it 110% as Simon said. That's the way to do it every night!

It seems each year the group gets better. This year will be tough, but fun to watch and listen to!

BTW, not trying to be a kiss-up or anything, but out of all the seasons of Idol, you are by far my favorite. Just an amazing voice and you can sing ANYTHING. Even when it's really short like some of the Idol songs are, you still gave it a beginning, middle and end. Thanks for taking the risk and letting us get to know you! :)

March 12, 2009 at 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said on Tuesday that it would be Jorge and Jasmine, but I was still sad for them. I liked them both! Jorge is just too cute! I never have like results night either, I get too anxious and sad for everyone. I mainly watch it for the group number, ford commercial, and performance from a past Idol..and then cringe when they send someone home.

Adam and Matt are my favorite guys, and it thrills me that you like Matt too!! When ya'll come to Kalamazoo for the tour, I'll have to show you where he works..well..worked. :)

Hope you're having a blast in LA!!

March 12, 2009 at 7:22 PM  
Blogger GriotLori said...

My biggest problem with MJ-week was: why did they (with the exception of Matt and Adam) pick songs that only MJ can really sing convincingly and leave out songs like You Can't Win, She's Out Of My Life (would have been perfect for Jorge), Man in the Mirror, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', The Lady in My Life - where they could've made a stronger impression?

So sad about J and J; but I thought they were goners once I heard Simon's criticism. The judges couldn't tank Anoop after saving him last week, but all is fair in Love and Idol next week! Baby Boy gotta bring it! ;-)

March 12, 2009 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I will see you in Lancaster Pa. on March 25th!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!

March 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Okay, so glad to hear you were there first off=) I'm sure it was fun hanging out and everything=D
Okay, so I feel the same way about Jasmine and Jorge, I liked Jasmine a lot, but she really seemed to have a hard time figuring out who she was as an artist, and I think that's a big reason why she left. I was especially sad to see Jorge go, he was so sweet, I think he deserved to stay more than some others of the night. I think his voice was quite good=/

Now Lil-I like her a lot, she's the power voice of the season.
Scott-Now how could I not love him? He puts such a big smile on my face, I'm jus glad to see him up there like that, it's so cool!
Danny-That was not my favorite performance by him, but I still think he's really good.
Micheal-what can I say? I like this hard workin guy! Lol, he did a really good job think=)
Kris-very smooth voice, I like it=]
Allison-OMGsh! I can't believe she's the same age as me! She is excellent!
Anoop-Okay, I got excited to hear Beat It because I love that song, and then I was really disappointed, but I commend him for his effort to take on suck a big song!
Megan-I happen to like that song! Lol, but only you, Melinda could pull off a "Kah-Kah" =] That's just my take on it:)
Adam-I know the judges love him, but I'm not sure I like his style, a bit crazy to me...But he does what he does and I do wish him well.
Matt-Well Hello!!! Really good, and cute too! Har! =D
Alexis-Yes, I did get excited, just being on that stage got me pumped up! Oh wait, no Alexis Grace! Okay, she was great, I think she's adorable, and her daughter too! Oh, and Megan's son is so cute too!

Alright, I'm done=P
Love you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!
-Lexi♥♫♥

March 13, 2009 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger ChicagoLady said...

I was a Jasmine fan since the audition round, and I think she had some bad luck. Not only in song choice, but in where she performed in the group. Singing 5th out of 13 means you have to really do something spectacular to be remembered (unless you already have a huge fan base, like Danny). Her performance was good of "I'll Be There" but not memorable enough to get people to remember it and vote for her.

March 14, 2009 at 5:52 PM  
Blogger Leon1234 said...

Hey, how are you doing? Hope all is well.

March 18, 2009 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger nix194230 said...

Hi Melinda...I write to you all the time but you probably don't even see my emails because of your schedule I'm sure. I picked you from the very start and than got sick when you got voted off but I have been following you ever since. Top Dog Baby. Please come to RENO. Have your manager work something out.....Dennis

March 19, 2009 at 2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melinda. I'm on the other side of your world - Philippines - and I'm probably, I'm your biggest here. hehe. I hope you can come over here and do some rockin' concert. hehe I'll scream for you! Louise7 above is always visiting my blog. :)

Anyway, Jasmine is lovely but of all the performances, hers was the most lousy. She needs a lot of singing exposure and AI has provided one but not good enough to let her continue in the competition. I think the voters got it right for Jasmine to send her home.

As for Jorge, he has big vocals but again, not good enough performance to send him to the next round.

March 19, 2009 at 7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since 2007 nobody has demonstrated not even half of Melinda's talent and artistism.
Melinda, you are absolutely the best!

March 26, 2009 at 9:07 PM  
Blogger Kacie said...

Oh, so fun to find your blog, Melinda! I agree with you about Jorge, I was so sad when he went home! you should update again, I love reading your thoughts.

April 17, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

SUPPORT Contact | Site Tools | Terms & Policies | Online Store
MORE Newsletter | RSS | MySpace | YouTube | Links
All Contents © 2008 Melinda Doolittle