Melinda Doolittle

Friday, February 6, 2009

First Week...

Hey ya'll! First of all I need to say a huge thank you for making this a wonderful release week for me. Your excitement and well wishes have been priceless. I owe you big time for being so wonderful to me. It has been quite a full week and we are just getting started! I am having loads of sleepy fun. Hehehe...

So, a little recap so far...

I got to meet Flava Flav while I was doing an appearance on Good Day New York! It was so exciting. He was one of the sweetest guys. So it was the best way to start off my release day. By the way, Kelley made sure she got a picture with Flav too...which is so out of character for her and happens to be the cutest thing ever!

Then I met up with some guys on Sirius Radio. They have a show called OutQ with Larry and Keith and I don't know when I've had so much fun on the radio! I think I pretty much laughed the entire time. Not really sure if I said anything during the interview because they were so hilarious!!! Oh! Anthony Federov (AI Season 4) was also there, so I got to talk to him for awhile. He's such a sweetie and I love his voice!

I also got to go and be a part of a live web show called Strategy Room on Foxnews.com. I was on a panel there and sat next to none other than RuPaul! May I just say that he is a beautiful man! He was so nice to me...even though we disagreed on whether Heath Ledger deserved an Academy Award nod for the Dark Knight. (I think he did!)

Then my daddy came in town to hang out with us during the Associated Press interview and then take Kelley and I to my favorite spot for apple pie...McCormick and Schmicks!!!! Grandma's upside down apple pie people! My release day was almost complete...

We ended the night with a live video chat watching the first night of Hollywood week on Idol. I will have to say...there is nothing like getting to see what 80 people are thinking as it is happening. Sorry I couldn't keep up with everyone and answer all the questions but we will definitely have to do it again!

So...that was Tuesday! Whew...

On Wednesday, I spent the morning doing a very fun Satellite Tour...thanks Scott! That means I got to sit in a chair and talk to all kinds of cool people both on the radio and on tv. It was really cool to talk to all different cities while I was sitting in one spot.

Then I got to hang with the guys at Newsweek.com. I love how they thing outside of the box with their interviews. Fun for me!
After that, we jumped on the 6 1/2 hour flight to LA and went straight into band rehearsal when we landed. So cool! The band in phenomenal. Can't wait for you to hear them. Your first chance is Wednesday on Ellen! Have I ever mentioned I love Ellen?!?! I am so flippin' excited about going on her show...dream come true!!!

Then yesterday, I got to go do Grammy radio! I got to talk to so many fun DJs and even meet some people I love...Smokey Robinson (oh my gosh!), Eva LaRue from CSI:Miami (I love her...and her 2 gorgeous sisters) and the Jabbawockeez!!!! I love them! Then Kelley thought she saw Blair Underwood, but it turned out to be Wayne Brady. (She's gonna kill me for telling you guys that) He was really cool...I think he may have challenged me to a game of air hockey. I can take him! :-)

And today I got to hang out with two of my favorite TV friends, Kimberly Caldwell and Justin Guarini on TV Guide Idol Wap. It's going to air tonight and all weekend long so check your local listings.

So for those who asked what I was up to...that's a little taste. Sorry it's so long. :-)

By the way...I love you guys and I know that none of this would be possible without your help. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart!
Me

8 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

I am so happy for you Melinda. you have taught us to Dream Big.... and it is cool to know some of your wildest dreams are coming true, and we are able to share them with you. I am soooooo proud of you..
I love you, Spunky

February 6, 2009 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger GriotLori said...

Whirlwind, girl, whirlwind!! LOL

BTW: we know the bus-sleep is great, how is the 6 1/2 hour plane-sleep? :-))

Can't wait to see/hear you on Ellen! ;-)

February 6, 2009 at 5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful time you did have. I am so happy for you Melinda. Yup a dream come true for you. I can't wait to see you at Ellen. We did call and writing to her so often last years. lol. Have a wonderful Week-end God Bless Luv you! Thank to share with us you wonderful thing that happen to you. Luv You! Louise

February 7, 2009 at 12:09 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

Aww, Melinda, I'm so beyond excited for you!! It's so special for all of us to see your dreams coming true!! You always remind us all to dream big, and I'm just thrilled for you that all your biggest dreams are coming true and you're having such a special time!! :)

February 7, 2009 at 6:04 AM  
Blogger RadioRob said...

I knew from your initial audition on American Idol that you were destined for great things.

I'm so happy you've been able to continue on with your dream. The new album sounds GREAT! I can't wait to hear what you do next!

February 7, 2009 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger tim j said...

You have great talent. Your CD does not honor it. Please find a good producer next time. The songs and the production give you no chance at radio. You deserve more. I have been in this business for 25 years and you don't have anything radio will get into. Find some good songs and a real producer and try to get another shot.

good luck, I hope I'm wrong

February 10, 2009 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger tim j said...

You have great talent. Your CD does not honor it. Please find a good producer next time. The songs and the production give you no chance at radio. You deserve more. I have been in this business for 25 years and you don't have anything radio will get into. Find some good songs and a real producer and try to get another shot.

good luck, I hope I'm wrong

February 10, 2009 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Harwood said...

Great Appearance! and it worked I ran out and bought the album! One Note - I have read all the liner notes twice and you credit everyone EXCEPT your backup singers, how quickly we forget where we came from. The Hammond B3 was a great touch and well played and the voice is clasic.

Ken

February 12, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

SUPPORT Contact | Site Tools | Terms & Policies | Online Store
MORE Newsletter | RSS | MySpace | YouTube | Links
All Contents © 2008 Melinda Doolittle